Registered Agent Services
Corporations and Limited Liability Companies are required to select an individual (or entity) to act as their Registered Agent. The Registered Agent will be responsible for accepting official legal and tax correspondence on your companyís behalf. In the event that your corporation or LLC is sued the registered agent can accept service of process. The registered agent must maintain a physical address in the State in which your entity was formed and be available during standard business hours.
You can act as Registered Agent for your Corp or LLC but there are some things you should be mindful of:
- The Registered Agentís name and address will be included on your entityís formation documents and thus becomes part of the public record.
- Any change in the Registered Agent address will cause you to amend your formation documents.
Reasons you might need a Registered Agent Service:
- When forming an entity in a state other than the one in which you reside.
- When qualifying an entity to do business in a state other than that of formation.
- When forming your entity in a state other than the one your business will be located in.
Start Biz Here Inc. can set up an affiliated Registered Agent for your company in any State. You can to sign up for this service when you fill out our online order form.